Operating Theaters are changing as technological advances expand the possibilities of what can be achieved within the sterile environment. The working environment for medical staff such as doctors and nurses must be considered from the viewpoint of human engineering. Modular operation theater is a designing approach using standardized units for easy construction and flexible arrangement.
The pre-engineered Modular OT not only solves the problem of infections but also facilitates speedy construction, high quality finish in prevention of contamination build up, long durability, robust, flexible designs for future expansion and ease of maintenance. The other advantages of applying concepts of Modular Operation Theatre during construction are:
- Improved Health and Safety
- Minimal Site Disruption- Lesser disruption and noise is produced in comparison with traditional methods of Operation Theater construction
- No Compromise on quality- None of the compromise associated with bouncy floors, cavities, sharp edges and others
- Highly customizable- no restrictions regarding layout, internal appearance and external treatments
- Sustainability- These are more energy efficient, environmentally friendly and delivers a rust and maintenance free system with longer service life
- Designing and development based on International Health care / Medical Solutions- It is fabricated using material sourced from across the globe helping to reduce project costs, carbon footprint and helping the economy
This modular operating room adapts to fit whatever space might be available; it is equally suited for new construction and for rebuilding and expansion projects. The system is cost effective in the long run, and that has a significant economic impact for hospitals over the long run. Examples of this sustainability include flexibility, time saving and confidence for investments
Although the installation and maintenance of a Modular OT is easy and simple there are however a few critical factors to be considered before selecting a Modular OT:
- The possibility of future expansion should be kept in mind while designing the Modular OT
- It should be isolated from traffic, noisy areas and away from contamination and cross infection
- The AHU of each OT should be a dedicated one and should not be linked to an air conditioning of any other area
- Laminar flow of conditioned air should be within 19-21℃ with 0.3 micron HEPA filter
- Window and split AC should not be used in any type of OT because they are pure re circulating units and have convenient pockets for microbial growth which cannot be sealed
- The materials that can be used for the wall and ceiling panel of Modular Operation Theater are:
- 1.6mm thick EGP steel panels backed by 12mm thick Gypsum
- Stainless steel SS202 or SS304 panels
- High-pressure Laminate panels as per EN standard
- PUF sandwiched panel
The above materials can be used as per the client’s requirements
What does the future of Modular OT hold?
With new technology coming in so fast, advancement of Modular OT is already on its way. The new concept preferred by healthcare professionals, architects and designers is Glass Modular OT.
The material glass is known for already 9,000 years but especially today belongs to the most modern solutions for customers who emphasize hygiene, safety and design. There are nearly no limits neither in processing nor in design.
In Healthcare, architects, designers and planners of OTs as well as surgeons and other medical staff need a material to rely on completely. Glass is such a material
- Extremely tough, steady and functional
- Does not age
- Easy to clean
- Absolutely hygienic
- Environmentally friendly
- Scratch and shock proof